Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Volunteer Coaching

I mentioned in my blog post yesterday that in the afternoons last week I drove from Chicago to my hometown of Oswego to help coach a bowling clinic with my personal coach, Marty.

The clinic was for a group of high school girls and one boy who were interested to gain more knowledge and skill in bowling. There were four collegiate coaches there in addition to Marty.

It was a great experience helping these girls, and one boy, see the possibilities that bowling can give them. Not many people know that bowling can get them scholarships to college, and I take every opportunity I can to share my story.

To add to my already busy week last week, I had Friday off because I was flying to New Jersey for my best friend Jessica Worsley's wedding! Her big day was Saturday and it was held on the beach, which was beautiful.

It was a great event because I got to see some old teammates in addition to my current teammate, Martha (who was also in the wedding) and coaches Sharon and Vince Brummell.

It was really special that Martha and I were bridesmaids in the wedding, and I’m happy we could share that with Jessica. I had a great weekend and was really glad I could spend it with my family and some old friends.

Talk again soon!
-Kristina

GO HAWKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment